New Additions to the DEEPstation DK-1000 Workstation Lineup Offering Academic Edition (¥198,000) and 32% Faster High Speed Edition
UEI Corporation (President and CEO: Ryo Shimizu; Headquarters: Yushima, Tokyo) has expanded its DEEPstation DK-1000 lineup. The high-end deep learning machines, which utilize the latest Pascal GPU, now include: a ¥198,000 Academic Edition and a new version of the popular, compact ¥390,000 Basic Edition with Pascal TITAN X.
To date UEI’s DEEPstation series as in use at more than 100 domestic research institutions, businesses, and universities. It has received wide acclaim as a premier high end PC for deep learning, with low cost, ease of use, and dependable technical support.
The Academic Edition is specially designed for students interested in deep learning, and as such features the minimum of essential features for maximum ease of use. Identification is necessary to verify student status during purchasing.
The Basic Edition now includes TITANX for Pascal, allowing 32% faster processing than the previous GeForce GTX 1080, allowing cutting-edge deep learning programming with an extremely compact footprint.
As the importance of deep learning continues to become apparent in everyday life, UEI endeavors to provide its benefits to as many students and researchers as possible. We hope that these PCs will both provide an exciting experience for beginners and increase the cutting-edge opportunities available to professionals nationwide.
As a bonus, the first 50 buyers of the Academic Edition will receive a copy of Ryo Shimizu’s “Deep Learning Programming for Beginners.”
For pricing and order, please visit the official DEEPstation homepage: http://deepstation.jp/
DEEPstation DK-1000 features:
- ・Pascal TITAN X: Using the cutting-edge Pascal GeForce TITAN X, DEEPstation offers a robust but fast deep learning experience for desktop.
- ・Ubuntu14.04 LTS OS: The popular, NVIDIA-supported Ubuntu 14.04 LTS is preinstalled as DEEPstation’s OS. Driver settings and other troublesome tasks can be easily setup using DEEPstation’s script. Gone are the days of needlessly fretting over installation!
- ・Robust Technical Support: Our team of experienced deep learning engineers is ready to assist with driver setup, hardware failure, and any other difficulties that may arise.
- ・CSLAIER: Developed in collaboration with Sony Computer Science Laboratories, the deep learning GUI environment CSLAIER comes preinstalled. Easy to setup, it allows web browser access to quick and effective deep learning tools.
- ・Because of its web-based GUI, learning and other strenuous tasks can be handed off to a specialized GPU, while development of applications using learned neural networks can be run on a local notebook PC. Datasets for learning can be uploaded via web browser, and learned models can be downloaded from the GUI.
About UEI Corporation:
Founded in 2003, UEI is at the cutting edge of AI software and hardware development. Its deep learning offers include the GUI environment CSLAIER, workstation series DEEPstation DK-1, and cloud platform DEEPstation Cloud.
* GeForce is a trademark of NVIDIA Corporation.
* Other product names are copyright their respective owners.
For More Information:
UEI DEEPstation DK-1000 Order & Support Center
TEL: 03-5812-6507 (weekdays from 11:00 to 6:00)